I is back!...and dead tired…
OK, the excursion was great…a chilled out affair, nothing too hardcore…though we had a pretty mean looking collection of alcohol and not to mention the extremely kinky room that we stayed in.
Highlight #1: The Morning Call
Me: Ian, so what time you gonna wake up tomorrow?
Ian: Hmmm, around 6.45am?
Me: Cool, cool…gimme a wake up call at 7am, then I come pick you up from Pekaka.
Ian: Alright dude…
(I had this gut feeling that I should set my own alarm…I dunno why, so I set my alarm at
[
RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGGGG!!!!****
Me: Urks! Huh? Huh? Oh!....Langkawi!!! *went around finalizing my packing…and then…*
[
Hmmm, Jellyman (Ian) hasn’t called…maybe I should give him a ring…
(Calls Ian)
*Toot Toot…..tooot…tooott………………*
Hmmmmm…this is not good…let’s call Sina then…
“The number you have dial is…” Grrr….engaged…
Then it hit me….uh oh…no one’s awake! But me!...then I realized I’ve left the hotel voucher at the office at Gelugor and I have left home without my ferry tickets and I’m already half way to Jesselton with only a modest amount of petrol left…Oh fuck, this isn’t getting any better….and to make matters even worst, I’ve left Ian like another 100000000000 zillion missed calls and he is still asleep! And I’m stuck in the morning JAM and it’s freakin’ almost
[I came up with a solution, ask dad to deliver the tickets to me at the ferry while I go to my office which is near Ian’s grandma’s place to pickup the hotel voucher]
Meanwhile…on the brighter side…
Elaine has got up…had the pleasure of time-wasting…worry-free, with only Langkawi in her head, and maybe some Wan Than Mee…Grrr…while I am on the other side, driving like a psycho, whooshing pass traffic, beating every red light possible with only a spit of petrol left in my car….everything at that point was going absolutely wrong…absolutely wrong and it did not help that my dad decided to give me a lecture about time management.
Somehow, I had realized I have Sina’s house number…D’oh! Why didn’t I think of that earlier? Sheeesh…in the end, I manage to get Sina…
[
Still trying in vain to call Ian and finally
Ian: Huuu…..lo? ZzZzZzz…
Me: HOIIII!! CHE LIAO AH??!! (Hoi, awake already?!)
Ian: Huh?...Oh shit! Che liao, che liao… (awake already…)
FINALLY!
But that wasn’t the end yet…it was already 8.20am by the time Ian was picked up at Pekaka…while dad was still on the line…still lecturing………with the morning rushing hour only halfway thru…we’re in for a hell of a ride…VROOOOOOOOOOOMM! Small Little Kancil style! Kancil does becomes handy during traffic jams…you get really resourceful with the roads…or pavement…sidewalk…
Ultimately, at the end…We arrive…barely…JUST…just…JUST in time…While I was scrambling my way out of the car with my bags and all…Dad was there…still lecturing.
Dad: Blah, blah, blah, blah Leave earlier next time, blah, blah, always sleep late, blah, blah, blah, blah Faster go! Blah, blah….
Me: Bye mom, bye dad!
*Runs*
Ticket lady: Hoi! Ka Kuai!! Ka Kuai lah!! (Oi! Faster-lah!!)
We barely…barely made it…
So much for waking up at 6.45am…
2 hours of tension, stress and going psycho…
Makes the holiday trip even more enticing…
Man, I can’t wait to get there…
To be continued…
Pictures coming up! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment