I just feel the urge to write something, jotting this little moment down where my mental and creative fatigue is put on a long marathon-like test. It’s freaking 12.10am in the morning and I have just gotten off work and went off to my “second job” straightaway. I have been working since 9.30am mind you. And I’ve got a photoshoot at 10am the next morning and yet another crazy day of pre production video editing before I leave for Damai Laut for another videoshoot. So please, someone just shoot me now!
This line of work does make you feel a tad lonely at times. Despite meeting a lot of people and all during the day, but when some freelance job is thrown into the fray, you are the boss, the designer, the copywriter, the photographer, everything basically.
Being a graphic designer in a small company like where I’m working is pretty damn demanding. I don’t mean to gloat on this, but I know for a fact that I’m the star player in the team; hence that makes me feel a bit exploited sometimes with most of the work being dumped on me. But after all I’m still quite the rookie designer; I take ‘em all lah. Who knows, by end of the year, I’ll have a pretty beefed up portfolio and then I can demand for a higher pay or look into better offers. I’m not being ungrateful, but that’s reality. I gotta fend for myself. It’s a dog-eat-dog world, man.
The weekend seems more and more enticing. The Damai Laut escapade will end on Saturday morning, and I know my boss is a ‘part-time’ F1 driver. We’ll get back in no time…if not at all, heh.
No comments:
Post a Comment