Sunday, 25 September 2005

The Work Trip, Finale

OK, I’m still resting. But come to think of it. I don’t really have much to say about the Damai Laut escapade after all. Well, actually I do but…it’s all about work. And that’s boring and tedious. Thus, I’m sparing everyone the monotony. So I’m gonna splash the pictures around while I jump right into my night of mystery…

Here’s my take. This is what I remember…I remember we didn’t get a mention on stage after all the hard work we’ve put in. That made us kinda pissed at them, hence my boss saying that we should claim back our efforts, by consuming as much alcohol as we can from the bar. Fair enough, I got one can, down it and got another 5, while my boss did the same. We headed back to the room, hoping to create our own mini party with our newly acquired beers. 10 minutes later…
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

“Aiyoh, so boring lah! I think I’m gonna head down for some action!”
– I quote my Art Director saying that.

I intended to follow him right away, but I was catching my breath while The Mummy was on. So I thought…

“Go ahead first; I’ll join you in a short while…”

I continued my movie with beer while the boss is on the phone with the wife. I have to admit, 30 minutes into it; I lost interest in going out. I thought of just finishing up the beers and snug into bed. My phone rang…signifying a message has been received. It was from David (the Art Director), it reads…

“Faster come n party!”

I’m like, whoa…Here’s a little info about David. He’s a very quiet person, soft spoken and very low profile.

I told my boss about the message, he went…
“What are we waiting for? JOM!”

Right…
JOM!

We arrived at the ballroom, searching in vain for him. So after a few drinks at the bar, we finally spotted him. He was rocking it up on stage…grooving to the music, getting the crowd going…

Our jaws hit the carpeted floor.
That quiet Art Director dude…
Can’t be him…
Wait, it is him…
Oh my god…

It took me awhile to join in. Being me, I never dance. I only do so when I’ve down 10 shots or more. So I waited…after the 12th shot, it was time to get it going, I met Ada (an employee of our client), so I asked her to join me…from that instance onwards, I kept on going…and going…and also going back to the bar to refill my shot. So there were dancing, girls, and never-ending supply of alcohol…blah blah…
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Here comes the ending of what I can remember. I still remember making my “every-10-minutes-refill” trips, so I went outside for a smoke. I met David there. Had a little conversation…head back in…went straight to the bar for another drink. To this point, the bartender had already known me and all I have to do is show my face and he’ll know what to fix me up with. But this time was different, he acknowledged me. Gave me a thumbs up and doing the drinking gesture. I was quite flattered so I cheers him and down 2 whisky neat shots with him and took a beer back to the dance floor.

Right there…from that moment onwards…I blacked out, so to speak. Because the next thing I know, I woke up in my room, with my alarm screaming at me (I had previously set it so I won’t miss the departure time) at 11am, wearing something else…

This is what happened that I don’t remember, at all. Apparently, I’ve text my boss asking where he is. And then text him again…

“I’m coming back soon, get ready.”
He replied,
“Coming back with company? What do I have to get ready for?”

Whoever I was with, I don’t remember a thing…blank, nothing. Here’s another strange bit, I got in the room…even though I had no key. And locked the door…whatever happened during this point in time remains a mystery cos I woke up with only my black shorts, with scratches and sore muscles…and of course, David had to knock the door at 5am to get in cos I’ve locked the door…I don’t know why…I didn’t know that till they told me the morning after…

I hope I did nothing stupid…
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: