Thursday, 22 September 2005

The Work Trip, Part 1

With a busy day earlier and 2 hours of sleep, this trip to Damai Laut had ‘stress’ written all over it. And sure it was…

From the minute I woke up at 6.15am, my body, mind and soul had already given up. Nothing could have dragged me off that oh-so cozy bed on such a beautiful sunrise. Yet somehow, that sense of responsibility was teeming all over. By some means eventually, I manage to haul myself off that quicksand bed. I knew, if I don’t wake up now, I will never.

The morning rituals, the drive and the lethargy, it was one awful morning. However, the sight of sunrise on a misty (it ain’t haze that’s for sure) Penang Bridge changed all that. I’ve not seen sunrise in ages, I can’t even remember when was it. But it sure feels good.

From that instance onwards, I’m in good spirits. The ride on the highway was brief but the drive thru the trunk roads was never ending. And with the fluctuating mood of being either sleepy or energetic, the sight of this one signboard made me and David gasping for air in disbelief. You know those square yellow sign with an arrow in black…

Yeah, imagine that but 10x bigger.
No kidding. Me and David agreed that this would be our personal project to take a picture of it with us in it on our way back.

Anyway, about an hour after that little incident, we arrive at Damai Laut. I have to say, not quite as I expected. But it’s still beautiful.

After all the video shoot. We were still without a room as the management had messed up the key placements. So we were delayed. But alas, we finally got a room!

I’m done typing for now! Off to get some rest and freshen up a little.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: