Yesterday, the kampung boys discovered something.
They discovered the wonders – and the somewhat overrated – 3G! That’d be me and Ryan. The we bit.
It took me days to sort out my 3G settings. And since I had not touch, upgrade or did anything to my SIM since I got it in 2001, I thought it would have to be upgraded. But thankfully not, and it works fine now.
Since I don’t have that many friends on 3G, I called the only I one I knew for sure has it.
Is it me or that when a video call connects, some cheesy 70s-trying-to-sound-futuristic type music will be played. Or is it just my phone?
Anyway, after not knowing what else to say or do – Ryan flashed his arse to Ian via the video call – we reminded Ian to do the backdoor. When the opportunity arises, “Do her ---!!!” we chanted.
Man, 3G is so much fun. But the audio quality is questionable. The video clarity is acceptable and the delay is of course – expected. All in all, I’d say it’s still in its early days. By 2008 or next would be sweet. Maybe we could be seeing holographic-star-wars-like communication by then.
How cool would that be?
Ryan thought it’d be sweet if, “Just imagine we could poke his stomach and watch it go ‘boing’,” he chuckles.
No comments:
Post a Comment