Tuesday, 3 July 2007

Alone

Here we go again.
For yet another blogging session just for the sake of it.

Well. Sort of. Seems I found myself alone at the office - at half pass 12. This almost never happens. So what better way to commemorate this other than blogging? Heh. I know what you are thinking Vig, and the answer is a no.

The boss got himself a brand-spanking new mobile phone from Samsung. It's those Ultra Slim Edition II. What bothers me was he got it for free. Like free. No upfront payment, no frills. Just sign up for the bloody plan and voula. A phone that looks like me.

DiGi is currently offering this package, where they give you a choice of 4 different Samsung phones if you sign up with their post-paid plan. Being a recovering shopoholic, I almost couldn't resist. I have - and always will be - a devoted Maxis user. Despite their crappy ads, degrading services and the ever mysterious "additional charges" you see on your bill but have no idea what the hell is it, they still have the best bloody coverage. Bloody hell.

But of late, it's getting umm, crappier and crappier. Like how I can't talk on the phone any longer than 5-7 minutes before getting cut off. Usually it just goes off. Sometimes it goes off on one side while the other side still can hear you. And of course, who can forget, the Darth Vader voice every now and then.

"M-E-N-G, A-R-E Y-O-U C-O-M-I-N-G H-O-M-E F-O-R D-I-N-N-E-R-?"

"Lord Vader?"

"I-T-S P-A-P-A L-A-H-!"

"YOU'RE MY FATHER?!"

Some time ago, JM and I were talking about getting a DiGi line, just because they have cooler, funnier ads. I'm not really sure what Maxis is doing with their ads and Celcom ads are just plain bullshit. That was a couple of months back. We still haven't registered a DiGi number. But with this new plan by DiGi, it is Time to change. And if I did, I'm only doing it for the phone. Because DiGi's coverage can be quite a joke at times. But heaven forbid.

Only credit card holders are eligible. Fucking cunts! Crap.

Yet again, maybe not. Could be a blessing in disguise. Why would I need 2 phones and 2 numbers? I'm not running some big time business and I'm not popular enough to have people calling me off the hook. Plus, I'm more of a Sony Ericsson type person. So I went to Lelong.com.my and checkout some cool Sony Ericsson deals. Found a few actually. It was cheap too! RM400+ for the clam-shell with reflective surface model. 1.3MP camera blah blah. Ohh dear god, help me.

OK, I realized. I sidetracked. I'm not buying. No. Even though I almost did. But I didn't. I think I'm recovering well.

I think I should concentrate harder to quit smoking.

No comments: