As of today, I think the company I work with, maybe should consider a name change, or maybe just to modify it a little. Today, well…the task of calling everyone and sending out emails to all the sponsors of this particular series of ad I was doing somehow slipped pass my mind, and with a little reminder from the head honcho, I got crackin’ right away.
So there I was, making a checklist to make this whole process a little more organized. Heh, “organized”…that’s one word I’ve struggled to get used to. Anyway, so call every sponsor I did. But establishing my name and the company’s name is the tricky bit.
“Hello…I’m Meng, calling from Megan Ads…”
Usually…in fact always, before I get to finish my line…they go:
“Who? Teng? From Haagen Dazs?”
“What?! Beng? From Mega Ass?”
"Hammik? Seng? Megan Ass?"
That’s just the highlights. The most common would be “Mega Ass”, hahaha, not a bad name for an Ad agency. The one that said “Haagen Dazs” was a little excited until I established that I was not with Haagen Dasz…
“…and no you did not win a life time supply of free ice-cream from Haagen Dasz.”
They can't even get my name right. Hmmpf. How hard can it be?!
So, maybe I rush my lines, maybe I don’t speak as clear as I should.
“Hi, I am M-E-N-G, calling from M-E-G-A-N A-D-S…Mehhhh gannn ADS!” I chose to speak a little slower to make sure I get it out right…and said Megan Ads, twice…slowly.
“What?! Heng from Ribena??”
Fuck it.
I don’t know what else to do.
So there I was, making a checklist to make this whole process a little more organized. Heh, “organized”…that’s one word I’ve struggled to get used to. Anyway, so call every sponsor I did. But establishing my name and the company’s name is the tricky bit.
“Hello…I’m Meng, calling from Megan Ads…”
Usually…in fact always, before I get to finish my line…they go:
“Who? Teng? From Haagen Dazs?”
“What?! Beng? From Mega Ass?”
"Hammik? Seng? Megan Ass?"
That’s just the highlights. The most common would be “Mega Ass”, hahaha, not a bad name for an Ad agency. The one that said “Haagen Dazs” was a little excited until I established that I was not with Haagen Dasz…
“…and no you did not win a life time supply of free ice-cream from Haagen Dasz.”
They can't even get my name right. Hmmpf. How hard can it be?!
So, maybe I rush my lines, maybe I don’t speak as clear as I should.
“Hi, I am M-E-N-G, calling from M-E-G-A-N A-D-S…Mehhhh gannn ADS!” I chose to speak a little slower to make sure I get it out right…and said Megan Ads, twice…slowly.
“What?! Heng from Ribena??”
Fuck it.
I don’t know what else to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment