Saturday, 2 July 2005

Olé

On the road…heading towards the futsal court all the way in Greenlane from Tanjung Bungah

I don’t mind being late for work…late for this, late for my marriage, late for that…but not FOOTBALL! Never! says Simran.

Then I noticed that I share this same mentality, and almost instantaneously, Matthew and Chuan (who was in the car as well) nodded their heads with agreement…we’re all die-hard football junkies. Was and always will.

I work as a graphic designer now, Ian is heading down almost the same path, Simran’s a health consultant, Matthew works at Bayview Beach, Chuan’s with SenQ, Tuck…an aspiring soon-to-be jockey, Eugene…Citibank’s “top” agent and Raymond who will work on anything that against the law…Man, what a bunch of wasted talent…

I think by heart, all our current profession…weather we like it or not…is only secondary. If only there was actually a bright prospect in football here, things would have been different…very different. But sadly…we live in Malaysia…where corruption reigns supreme and goes unnoticed…and the “obvious but yet not quite obvious” racial issues.

I wish I can play football all my life…it’s the best drug, escape and alternate reality. Nothing else beats it…nothing.

No comments: