Thursday, 4 November 2004

Anatomy of Penang Drivers

After weeks of waiting…and waiting, finally CG Computers (AppleStore) gives me a ring regarding my job application. They seem to like me (hurray! Go me!) as I can speak really well (kinda surprised myself, they called me while I was sleeping). But the down side is (also worst nightmare/scenario) that chances are I’ll be located at Prangin Mall (yucks!) since the store in Gurney isn’t as productive as the one in Prangin and also the fact that it is the official ‘training’ centre for new workers, sigh. I tried and voiced out my opinion on how I would prefer to be at Gurney. But, hey! They’re the boss, guess I don’t have a say in this, hmmmpf, besides I really need this job…so I guess I’ll just get use to it (argh! No free parking!). Working life sucks…

Futsal plan didn’t go according to plan, infact, it was cancelled the minute the previous blog was published…hahahha, sad case man.

Finally I have my CIS (Corporate Identity System) logo out, maybe not finalized just yet, but its 90% done…phewww…gosh, have been spending weeks on this design.

Here’s another say from me about the drivers in Penang. We drivers here do not know the meaning or the function of a brake unless in a traffic light situation (not all the time). Serious! Countless amounts accidents could have occurred but being the Penang drivers that we are, we usually escape with nothing but a fist the air and flicking the middle finger at the other driver. For instance, let’s say this car is coming out from a parking space, he/she didn’t check his side or rear mirrors before entering the road, an incoming car comes by. The correct thing to do would be slowing down or brake allowing him/her to get out. In Penang, we’ll drive faster making sure we’ll zoom pass before he/she gets out while honking ridiculously loud and hard at the driver and then go “Hoooi! Che meh ah?” and then flick the middle finger at him/her and go “Nahhhhhhhh!!”. (Translation: Hoi! Blind ah?). Tell me that’s not true? Tell me! Hehehe. I have to admit, I do that sometimes…but only because I’m already late for class!

Go Penang!

No comments: