Friday, 19 November 2004

Recommended

It has been a long day today and finally got my first sale going. No I didn’t sell any computers today, but I did manage to sway this Scottish couple to go for the iPod 20GB rather than the iPod mini which is at 4GB, yay! Despite some afternoon war of words and arguments about the graduation concept, the day progressed well as the semester is almost at its climax. Heck, the Scottish couple bought a 20GB iPod for their 6 year old daughter! Ack! All I got when I was 6 was some Thundercats action figure.

Getting a hang of all this sales thingy and I might actually be good at it someday (soon, I hope…I have a sales target to meet in 2 weeks) so I could apply this additional skill to sell my designs. What’s really amusing is that we’ll never fail to give our customers a bolt in the blue with the new iMac G5’s built-in CPU. Serious! In fact, I surprised 3 customers with it today.

Customer: Nice eh. So, where’s the CPU?

Me: Where’s the CPU? Hmmm *points at the speakers*

Me: Nope, that’s not it…you’re actually looking at it!! *turns the iMac around*

Customer: Wahhhhhhhhh!!!! Fantastic! Out of this world! *enormous smile*

And then I’ll start to point where every thing is. (CD/DVD Slot, USB etc…) Then after the enlightenment, it’ll usually end up with “I’ll get back to you…” *sigh*

A fellow colleague has taught me a few new tricks and also how to upgrade the iBook myself! Goodness me, its effortless…who would have thought it’ll be that easy upgrading a laptop on your own. Heh heh heh, 516MB RAM here I come!

But now, I have to work from Mondays to Fridays…*sigh*

Peace out, need to wake up early for a video shoot tomorrow…can’t even rest during the weekends, ouch…

No comments: