Weekends these days has turned into a rare luxury. I find myself doing nothing even though there are tons of assignments that need to be accomplished. I need a motivational speech from someone now!
Tomorrow will officially be the 6th week of our academic term before reaching the pinnacle point that I like to call “The 8th Week Scuttle” where somehow we’ll be plagued by sleepless nights, long hours and of course the ever popular; mystery failures. Yeah, mystery failures; that’s everyone’s biggest nightmare and foe and yet somehow, no matter how cautious you have been throughout the term/semester, by hook or by crook you’ll find some sort of malfunction either on our computer or design (in some cases, both) when its at the closing stages.
It has happened one to many times for the people I know, including myself. Just as recent as last semester, in an unusual circumstance, I was actually ahead of schedule with my assignments with a couple of weeks to spare when out of the blue my old computer’s motherboard decided to heat up and became ultimately roasted. Yes, it was roasted. How? I don’t know. So you see, it’s not the issue of being lazy and leaving everything at the last minute, things just f**k up. Just 2 weeks back when I unexpectedly got highly motivated, I completed a huge chunk of my assignments when suddenly…..*yes, you’ve guessed it!* the computer decided to go *koo-koo* for no obvious reason, and this is a new system. It’s not even a year old yet. Apparently, nobody has been able to ‘blue-screened’ an XP before, but I’ve done it like a billion times already. “XP: The Mother of All F**k Ups”, unless you have a mysterious obsession with reformatting.
So now, I do all my assignments on my iBook. Let’s see if I could crash an OS X, or even better…blue screened it. :)
Most peculiar scenario was when the light bulb directly above my head (no, it’s not those light bulbs that pops out when you have an idea) blow up and crash land on my crotch while I was sitting at my computer desk finishing my assignments at
No comments:
Post a Comment