Tuesday, 12 April 2005

Getaway

My luck is extremely lousy when it comes to lucky draws. I mean really really lousy. Any other thing is alright like contest, slogans and etc, but never with lucky draws. Just today, what seem to be yet another pointless meeting with the exhibition committee (agenda of the day: exhibition post-mortem) suddenly took a twist. The chair-man revealed that there was going to be a lucky draw and there was only one prize; a 3 days 2 nights stay at Sun Set Beach Resort Langkawi. The lucky draw is open to committee members only. So, names were written on small pieces of paper while I was trying my best to convince them that we should just use it ourselves, since the rest aren’t here. Well, we have to be fair so the lucky draw idea stays.

We added a couple of new “prizes” just to spice things up. 3rd price would be 20 OUR Exhibition 2005 postcards, 2nd prize would be a stack of OUR Exhibition 2005 signed posters and of course the grand prize; the Langkawi getaway. OK, the other prizes are unrealistic, but we thought it’ll be funny. First draw; Acap’s name surfaces and wins the 20 postcards! And the 2nd prize went to Melissa and with the final draw in the offing, in goes the chair-man’s hand. Shuffled up nicely, he raises his hand from the bag where all the names are placed…slowly unfold and what do you know…”Kok Meng” came up!! :)

I won me a good holiday getaway to Langkawi! Just what I need seeing that I did have plans to go Langkawi few months back…so here’s my chance. Or maybe not, I might just give it to my parents. Just a little “Thank You” gift to them.

No comments: