Wednesday, 20 April 2005

Perpetual Jobless Stress

I finally went on a massive job-hunt massacre, on-line with JobStreet to be exact, heh. My sister suggested that I should fire my applications in all cylinders, that means on-line and in real-life. Just 5 minutes ago I’ve finally settled the application for the ‘on-line’ bit; tomorrow I will embark on a hot, sweaty and extremely uncomfortable drive around Penang looking for jobs.

Man, it’s like firing an M-16 semi-automatic machine gun into space and hoping the perpetual firing bullets might eventually hit on something…or anything. I even applied for jobs in the lousiest weirdest and isolated regions like Bkt. Mertajam and Simpang Ampat (where the fuck is that? Do they even have Internet?!), who knows what sort of pay they might offer. No harm trying :) Most of my other applications are Penang and KL.

I can’t stand being jobless anymore; I need a purpose in life. I’d rather wake up every morning and complain about going to work than waking up at 2pm and go “What the fuck am I gonna do today?” Seriously, I wake up everyday and I have no idea what date or day is it. Just yesterday, I was wondering why there was no ridiculous jam in town and the southern part of Penang on a Sunday! Turns out, it wasn’t Sunday, it was Tuesday! See how bad my situation is?! Ack!

My search continues and with anticipation, I hope I’ll find something in the near future.

No comments: