Wednesday, 6 April 2005

Pre-Exhibition Blues, Part III

Never, ever take anything for granted! That’s my advice for the day. What happened? Well, here’s the low down. It started off fine…until I went to check on my CIS presentation board. To my horror, a few items were damaged by air bubbles. I have no idea how did that happened but somehow it did. And I was left staring at it with complete disbelief. I panicked and well almost instantly I tried to repair the damage. One thing led to another, it actually got worst and I panicked even more…with limited cash and virtually no time left, anyone would panic. In the end, it came down to these 2 alternatives to mend this mess. It’s either that I rip out the damage pieces and replace them with new ones or have the whole thing reprinted altogether. I would prefer to have it done from scratch again (well, because I’m on the front-row, I felt there’s an obligation to have a neat and tidy work on display because I don’t think my work is that great), however…inadequate funding and little time left…fixing is the only method left.

Fortunately, almost everything went according to plan. Maybe a slight delay here and there but other than that…everything went alright. I even had time (or got caught in the moment) to search for that yellow “Live Strong” wristband. And to my dismay, it’s sold out…everywhere (Gurney, Island Plaza, One-stop). Even one shop told me it was not called a wristband. Wtf?! It’s a something you wear on your wrist and its rubber…what else could it be called? A wrist ring?! That happened in the Adidas shop. They only sell it at Nike, if anyone’s interested.

Prior to that, me and Ryan took a trip to the old-school shopping complex, One-Stop Midlands Shopping Centre to find some decorations for my booth. So I pay a little visit to the “RM4.99 Shop” at the first floor to hopefully find some cheap décor for my booth. Believe it or not, there was practically nothing selling at RM4.99. I mean it! Everything there was way more than RM4.99. Some of the items there was like RM49 and more. The only item I found there that was actually selling at RM4.99 was this packet of sea shells. F**king hell. Why bother calling the shop 4.99? What a gimmick. I bought the sea shells by the way :)

Note: One Stop stinks like hell. It smells like someone just had a really really bad case of diarrhea. I mean a really really really bad one. And Island Plaza smells so much nicer. In fact, it smells like coffee…hmmm…must be Starbucks and Coffeebean.

No comments: