Saturday, 23 April 2005

The Office

Today’s interview didn’t go too bad, turns out, Mr. Jay is as Malaysian as they get. A local entrepreneur if I might add. He owns like a ton of shops scattered all over Penang, KL and even Indonesia and Dubai. Sounds like a promising job prospect for a young aspiring designer like myself.

Though first impression was good, I was flabbergasted that I met him at a sundry shop that offers photostat service as well. My head was suddenly flooded with thoughts of regret “What have I gotten myself into? Working in a sundry shop? It’s like a designer’s nightmare! What am I gonna gonna do? Photostat documents? Ahhh!!!” Turns out, he owns that shop, fair enough…it’s a family business he said and finally he led me to the real office; upstairs on the shop lot next to the sundry shop.

Despite the fact that it’s still unorganized, the office looks fantastic (it has been vacant for a couple of years; it used to be a lawyer’s office). It houses a decent sized conference room, 3-4 office/room, a ridiculously big/cozy lounge area and even a section that he’ll turn into an exhibition hall. There’s even one more spare office/room within it that is rented to some lawyer. The best part is…the office doesn’t feel corporate at all, it feels every artsy with all the heritage-like architecture. And everything is wood! And there’s sort of an in-house lawyer in case we get into any trouble. Heh!

Feedback is on Monday, I hope I’ll get some good news then.

No comments: